Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rash

About the leg rash that sent me to Iva Jones initially: I'm trying a "super bandage" called Duo Derm. It comes in a 3x4 inch sheet and is a skin dressing for the treatment of leg ulcers or areas of the skin which are healing slowly. It's very expensive although you can get it on E-Bay for much cheaper. My friend Ruthanne gave me a box.

I had used one for a week, last week. It kept me from scratching and the itch seemed to go away after the first few days.


Right now the rash is about 2 x 4 inches on my leg and extends into my ankle for another 1" x 2" patch. There's three bumps under the skin on the right side of the larger area.

The skin looked much better when I first took it off, but it doesn't look so great now, 24 hours later. I haven't scratched it. Maybe it healed because I wasn't scratching for a week but the underlying internal inflammation is still there. Maybe it just wants more time.

I'm going to put another one on.

No comments:

Post a Comment